Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cosmic Treasures: unexpected finds from a very special place


I recently found these four amazing pieces of jewelry in my birth mother's hope chest. I have poured over the contents of my mother's hope chest countless times in my lifetime; and I had never before set eyes on these four little cosmic treasures...


Pink sapphire and gold ring
I was so shocked to find the pink sapphire ring. Each time I open the hope chest, I always go through her jewelry. Even though I know what's in there, I still find myself pouring over every little piece. It's mostly costume jewelry but it is very touching to me to {literally} hold the rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings that she once wore. Her fingers were very slender, and despite the decades of my knuckle cracking habit, her rings fit me! It is missing one of the little diamonds, which I will have replaced; but beyond that the ring is in perfect condition and sooo lovely. And I love the color...strikingly similar to beloved.... kismet.


Gold hammered ring
The gold hammered ring. It's a simple ring with smooth hammering and a surprisingly modern style. I've have been doing a lot more hammered work with my pieces... it's no wonder why I was drawn to this piece.


Gold knot bracelet
The gold knot bracelet is just simply gorgeous. It's in perfect condition. My mother's wrists were very tiny, as are mine, so it fit's well. I paired it here with one of my beloved pieces, a rustic hammered brass bracelet.


Gold heart necklace
My personal favorite, the gold heart necklace. Which bears such a striking resemblance to the beloved logo...!! This was the last of the four pieces I found. Afterwards I could just sit there; marveling, thinking. How is it possible that I never noticed these pieces before? It was as though they had never been there {which I know is impossible} but then...blam...there they were the moment I needed / wanted to find them.


These are cosmic treasures indeed, each of them reminders to follow my passions and to never let go of my dreams!.


Have a happy Saturday, my beloved!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...